The school parent forum
A school’s parent forum automatically includes every parent/carer with a child enrolled at St Francis, and are a way for parents to get involved in school life. They are informal groups where parents can raise issues, be consulted on school policy and give their views.
As a member, you have:
- a right to advice and information about your child’s education at the school
- the opportunity to be more involved with what the school is doing
- the opportunity, along with all the other parents, to have your views represented through a Parent Council at your school.
When parents are involved in their child’s education, children do better on a wide range of measures.
These positive effects include:
- Better behaviour
- More confidence and greater self-esteem
- Higher attendance rates
- More enthusiasm about learning
- Better results.